For me, being single in New York is far less glamorous than the women in STC make it out to be. There isn't any guy trying so desperately to sweep me off of my feet, or any mysterious stranger sending cards, candies, or flowers to my job. Instead, I live a life where drunk, post-graduate men, you know, the nerd-by-day and alcoholic-by-night kind of guy, flock to me, drool on me (yes, I've been drooled on) and hump me on the dance floor in hopes that after one song and one drink I will give them a lovely blow job.
I suppose that trying to understand the drunk man's logic is an utter waste of time; however, I find myself wondering this thought each time this happens to me: why the heck would I want to give you my number after you bought me one drink?
I must have skipped out on lecture the day professor taught us this lesson in bar etiquette. I didn't realize that in exchange for a drink, the woman must give the guy her phone number. Guys are getting smart too. They don't fall for a fake number, or the best friend's number anymore. In my experience, once I give a guy my number he dials it right away and then asks for me to take my phone out to make sure it rings! What nerve. I rarely give out my number, but sometimes, believe it or not, I've felt pressured to, and because I didn't want to seem like an asshole, I gave it. My real number. I just figure that I don't actually ever have to respond to texts or even pick up, and I never do. What I've yet to understand is why the heck do guys want that many phone numbers anyway? What is supposed to happen? Monday's lunch break rolls around and you've got new people to re-cap the weekend with?
Uhhh...
Here's a knee slapper: what's with the guys whose very first text the afternoon after a night out is "send me a pic"? Assuming that they don't want to see my passport picture, what the hell kind of a picture are they expecting? I have no problem sending nudie pics or anything scandalous to a guy I've been with/a boyfriend, but a guy I just met? Is this a joke? Or do they genuinely ask for a pic because they simply don't remember who "V" is in their phone? Highly unlikely, but I'm just throwin' that out there.
Now that I think about it, knowing myself, if I did have anyone secretly sending me gifts via snail mail I'd probably be more creeped out. How did he get my address? Is he stalking me? At least with a drunk guy, what you see is what you get. You see drunk, you get drunk. The thing is, I've realized that these drunk fools are actually some very smart young men! I know this because I have guy friends, and when they go out they turn into these drunk messes. So maybe some of these fools are worth the chance?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment